Event Coordinator position
The Downtown Sykesville Connection, Inc is seeking a dynamic, organized, and customer service-oriented event professional to join our team. The Event Coordinator reports directly to the Executive Director of the Downtown Sykesville Connection (DSC). They are responsible for the execution of events and programs of the Downtown Sykesville Connection. The DSC Event Coordinator is responsible for assisting with the coordination of the multitude of events the Downtown Sykesville Connection hosts every year, including two major fundraisers.
Coordinate events in conjunction with the DSC Executive Director, DSC Board President, and Promotion Committee Chairs. This individual serves as the main point of contact for vendors and contractors, and onsite event management to ensure a smooth event from start to finish.
This is a full-time, exempt (salary) position.
Volunteer on a Committee
The Downtown Sykesville Connection (DSC) consists of five teams of volunteers which meet once a month. All of our teams are OPEN for volunteers. Make a difference, and get involved!
- The Design committee: the mission of the DSC Design committee is
to shape the physical image and plan long-term physical improvements of the downtown Sykesville community while honoring and preserving its historic charm.
- The Organization committee: the mission of the DSC Organization committee is to connect and engage residents, business owners, and community partners to support the mission and financial structure of the DSC.
- The Promotion committee: the mission of the DSC Promotion Committee is to produce events and promotional materials to shine a spotlight and bring awareness about the DSC to the larger community as well as raise funds for the Downtown Sykesville Connection’s activities.
- The Economic Restructuring committee: the mission of the Economic Restructuring Committee is to promote a harmonious and thriving downtown Sykesville business community through initiatives, programs, and long-term planning that encourages a strong local economy.
- The Clean, Green, and Safe committee helps with sustainability and green options for our downtown.
Learn more about the Committees of the Downtown Sykesville Connection.
Review our volunteer manual.
Volunteer at an Event
We always need volunteers at our many events and projects. If you would like to receive notification of volunteer opportunities, please email us DowntownSykesvilleConnection@gmail.com or give us a call at 410-216-4543.
The Sykesville Community Garden
The Sykesville Community Garden is a small, sustainable, educational garden with the aim to bring community together, teach children where their food comes from, and experiment with creative, sustainable gardening methods of growing fresh fruits and vegetables.
There is no charge to be a member of the community garden, though donations are always welcome. It is a volunteer, honor-system-based garden. Take what you need and have worked for and leave enough for others. For more information please email Sykesville Community Garden , “like” our Facebook Page or follow us on Instagram.
Sponsor an Event
Are you interested in sponsoring one of our many annual Main Street events? Becoming an event sponsor provides a variety of benefits for you and your organization. All sponsors receive a variety of promotional offerings designed to meet your needs. To become a sponsor, please contact us via email at DowntownSykesvilleConnection@gmail.com or contact us by phone 410-216-4543.
Your sponsorship helps us continue to hold the quality events that bring our community together.
Our Annual Events
- Fine Art & Wine Festival
- First Fridays
- Farmers Markets
- Craft Beer Festival
- Merry Main Street
- …and more!
Become an Event Vendor
We are often looking for local artists, crafters, food vendors and more for our events! Please visit our Vendor Information page to learn more.
We are currently raising money for the following projects:
- Main Street Town Square/Community Gathering Park
- Improved Downtown Lighting
- Public Art
- Additional Recycle/Trash Receptacles for Main Street
- Cafe tables and chairs for our sidewalks to encourage outdoor dining
- Holiday Decor and Lighting
The purpose of these funds it to support the Downtown Sykesville Connection in its participation in Main Street Maryland, a comprehensive downtown revitalization program created by the Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development. The Downtown Sykesville Connection, Inc. will house and invest funds donated by individuals and businesses collect vendor fees, ticket fees merchandise sales fees, in-kind donations, raffle, and fund raising donations for the revitalization efforts of Main Street, Sykesville, Maryland, as well as grants applied for and received for this purpose.
The Downtown Sykesville Connection, Inc. is a nonprofit organization under Section 501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. All contributions are tax-deductible to the maximum amount allowable for gifts to a public charity.